Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Preschooler's Summer "To Do" List

Last week, I was planning my summer and thinking about all the fun things that I would work on this vacation with Carlo and Eli in tow.  I came up with a list of possibilities and fun and crazy ideas that I could work on.

Here is what my To Do List entailed:

1.) A road trip across the country and ending up in Kennebunkport, ME. (This was quickly ruled out after I took an hour long car ride to the lake house and Carlo and Eli were already starting to go a little bonkers.)

2.) A trip to Michigan. (I am still trying to figure out the logistics of this and see if it is plausible.) 

3.) Stroller Strides (Not sure if Carlo could last in the stroller for an hour without going crazy.)

4.) Hanging out at the lake house for extended amounts of time.

5.) Painting my living room a neutral color.  The blue is pretty but it is starting to wear on me.

6.) Working on summer reading strategies with Carlo and Grace.

7.) Go on boat rides at the lake.

All of these ideas left me in a swirl and blur so I turned to Carlo and asked what we should do this summer.   He said he had a very important list with lots of good ideas. 

Here is the To Do List that Carlo outlined for me.  He asked if we could complete it at once, so I obliged.

1.) Ride the McQueen car around the circle (AKA cul-de-sac).



2.) Play on the porch.


3.) Drink water.


4.) Go to the park.

We completed Carlo's to do list very promptly and efficiently.  I wish mine was as easy to complete as his. What summer plans do you have?  What do I need to add to my "To Do" list?

No comments: