Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Third Grade Thoughts on Love

During my first couple of years as a teacher, I gave an assignment that asked the question:

Explain why the heart is a sign of love.   Make sure to capitalize all of your sentences correctly.

This is what I received.


“I think the heart is a sign of love because you have a heart and when a good feeling goes through it, it will make you happy.  When you’re sad, it is sad like when my best fish died by my cats.  P.S. He didn’t know what he was doing.”


“A heart is a symbol of love because that is where you keep your family and friends and where you keep people or remember people that you love.”



“The heart is a sign of love because on Valentine’s Day that’s where you look for your Valentine and where you let it all out.”



“The heart is a sign of love because it takes care of your body.”



“The heart is a sign of love because people say love comes from your heart.  Also, because it is the closest thing to magic.”


“Your heart is a sign of love, because when you’re in love, that person is in your heart.”



“I think the heart is a sign of love because the heart shape looks like our actual heart.  The heart is the most important body part for humans.  I think love is very important in our lives.  That is why the heart is a sign of love.”



“The heart is a sign of love because it’s the center part of your body.  Also, it keeps the body running just like love.”



“I think the heart is a sign of love because of its shape.  I think the heart maybe resembles the shape of a human heart.  My mom said, ‘the heart is my favorite shape.’”



“When you have a crush on someone, when you see them your heart beats faster.  For example, when my father was in the hospital his heart monitor went faster when my mommy kissed him.”


“The heart is a sign of love because it is shaped like a heart.  It is also a sign of love because it reminds you of love and Valentine’s Day.”



“The heart is a sign of love because it has different kinds of feelings and one is love.”


“Well, I think the heart is a sign of love because when you get married your heart starts beating fast.  Another reason is because they put hearts around people that are in love in books.”


“I think the heart is a sign of love because the heart is the most important part of the body because it makes blood and blood is what we need to survive.  That is why I think the heart is a sign of love.”



“The heart is a sign of love because this sign –> is a heart.  Well, no one knows why.”



 “”The heart is the second most powerful organ in your body.  Two parts of a heart make a whole.  The colors red and pink are a sign of happiness.”



“Do you want me to tell you why the heart is a sign of love?  If yes, read this!  I think the heart is a sign of love because in your heart you keep all your feelings.  In your heart you can feel really strong about someone and that’s why the heart is a sign of love.”


 

No comments: